Friday 27 January 2012

Not only clothes are fashionable, but POP icons also tell us what beauty is!

One of the best things I find about travelling around the world is what people deem as beautiful and what others think is atrocious.  About 10 years ago I lived in Rarotonga on and off in the Cook Islands.  The locals felt so sorry for me with long blonde hair and looking like I was starving.  I was invited to numerous hungi's to try and put some meat on me and as for my hair, they thought it looked like dead straw.  (It actually did)
We have our classic beauties such as Sophia Loren and Elizabeth Taylor, but allot of the people in POP Culture make us believe they are beautiful through the media.  If you look at the transformation from beauty through the generations and of course trawling through numerous galleries around Europe you will see that during the renaissance, beauty was about voluptuous porcelain skinned full figured women, ready for childbirth.  Today it is the complete opposite.  I have been looking at not only beauty through the past 100 years, but also the trends.  I love that is was Veronika Lake, then the 50s had Marilyn Monroe, 60s had Twiggy, and 70s with the fabulous Farrah Fawcett.  The 80s introduced us to the gorgeous glamerzons of women called Supermodels, and they were, then with Kate Moss, the baby Bardot, she took a step of facial fashion to a new level.  Most men I know actually say Kate Moss does nothing for them and women see her of something of a god!  It is strange too that women are actually trying to impress each other more than their men.  Now we have a new world leader of really Pop Culture of Kim Kardashian that has pushed Paris Hilton off her podium.  Yet now we are looking to people like Rachael Zoe and Nicole Richie, I find this strange that media is dictating to us, what we should find attractive.  If they were not in magazines and public eye, the attraction would be left up to us.  I honestly think there is something beautiful inside every person, if you cannot find it, you aught to look in the mirror as if you cannot see others you will never be able to see your true self.





















All these women do have something in common, great facial symmetry and genetically blessed with beautiful bone structure.  Over the next few weeks I am going to look at each era in more detail as I did with the 20s a couple of posts ago.  How we have transformed over the past 100 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment