Friday 4 January 2013

Dior Resort 2013










I think it is safe to say that when we think of Dior, we all think of innovation and the way of looking to how we are going to dress for the upcoming season.  Many are saying that this is a 'blank canvas for Dior' by Raf Simons to take Dior to a new level with inspirations from surrealist Rene Magritte.
Personally I am sure that the fabrics and workmanship would be second to none, but I am not totally sold on the inspiration.  I feel the suit reflects too heavily on YSL and the Full Skirt a little Jill Sander or even the shorter length Prada had close to 5 years ago.
In giving the opinion of the above, I do believe that there is room for our own minds to take this fashion to the next level.  I believe that if we see these as basic staple line for this season we can mix, match, add and delete where we find necessary.
The campaign is simplistic and minimalist.  Maybe recovering from the GFC, this may be a relief to get away from the tizz of designer fashion and back to basics.  (But you know me, I love tizz)

Dior, Racing Fashion

Dior, Racing Fashion

Dior, Racing Fashion

Dior, Racing Fashion

Dior, Racing Fashion

Dior, Racing Fashion


www.racingfashion.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment